ॐ भास्कराय विद्महे महातेजाय धीमहि तन्नो सूर्य: प्रचोदयात् ॥
Ruby also called “Ratnaraj-रत्नराज़” or “the king of precious stones” is distinguished for its bright red color, being the most famed and fabled red gemstone. Beside for its bright color, it is a most desirable gem due to its hardness, durability, luster, and rarity. Transparent Rubies of large sizes are even rarer than Diamonds. Ruby is the red variety of the mineral Corundum.
The color of Ruby ranges from bright red to dark reddish-brown. The most preferred color is a deep blood red with a slightly bluish hue. Such Ruby is known as “Burmese Ruby” or “Pigeon’s Blood Ruby.” Ruby from Burma is famous for its exceptional coloring, and has traditionally produced the finest Rubies. However, Burmese Ruby rarely exceeds several carats; large flawless Burmese Rubies can be worth millions dollars. Many Rubies in the market are from Thailand, and these Rubies have a less-desirable brownish hue, though they often can be heat treated to improve color. Heat-treating a Ruby can also increase its transparency by removing tiny internal flaws.
Caution: You’re advised to get consultation from an expert before wearing any gemstone as the planet in subject has to be checked for its benefic or malefic position for the person. Gemstones worn for the malefic planet in horoscope or in transit or in any other way may show adverse results for the wearer.
Artificial or low graded gemstone may too show unfavourable results hence, it is recommended to buy the gemstones from a reliable source.
General benefits of Ruby may work differently based on the person’s horoscope –
- An epitome of undying love, it inculcates the feelings of love, warmth, and compassion in the heart of its wearer
- It clears confusion and increases focus thereby making its wearer sharp, alert, and agile
- The heart and intensity of Ruby revitalizes and energizes the system for giving its wearer a striking and charismatic personality
- Aids in fighting depression and helps in dealing with the issues like eyesight and blood circulation
- Helps the wearer to achieve an imperial status and boost the possibilities of living a luxurious lifestyle
- Helps in dealing with the skin related ailments
"Gemstones For All"A Complete Gemstone Guide
By Ashish Shrungarpure
Language - English
Guide useful for all: from laymen to experts and core astrologers
Gemstone for each number (Numerology)
Explained horoscope reading for laymen (Astrology)
Gemstones significance in chart form for each Ascendant
Alternatives to primary and expensive gemstones
Gemstones as a remedy to health issues