Glimpse of rules
One cannot hope to learn the astrology with easy-chair methods. Much effort, concentration and intuition are necessary in order to be a correct predictor. There’re multiple considerations and one must weigh properly before deducing any result.
There’re hundreds of combinations given for each house, sign or planet, and it is for an astrologer to try the merits of these various combinations. These difficulties in the line of astrological predictions cannot be easily overcome. When once overcome, a student or an astrologer will no doubt draw the right conclusions.
One should keep in mind that no flat rule applies in predicting a horoscope however, the rules set basis and draw a line to derive at a result.
Benefics And Malefics For Each Lagna
In each horoscope, there’re benefic lords, malefic lords and neutral lords. These have nothing to do with the natural classification of planets as benefics and malefics.
In any horoscope, the benefics or benefic lords are-
- First house lord, other than the Moon
- 5th and 9th house lord (The lord of 9th is more benefic than the lord of 5th)
- Lords of 4th, 7th and 10th when they do not happen to be natural benefics (Lord of 10th is more benefic than that of the 7th while the lord of the 4th house is the least benefic)
In any horoscope, the malefics or malefic lords are-
- Lords of the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses (11th lord is the worst malefic, the 6th less malefic while the 3rd house lord is the least malefic)
- Lords of the 4th, 7th and 10th houses, if they happen to be natural benefics
In any horoscope, the neutrals or neutral lords are-
- The Moon – when he’s the lord of Ascendant (Lagna)
- The Sun or the Moon as the 8th lord
- The Sun or the Moon as the lords of the 2nd and 12th
Astrologers/students have to be very careful in correctly affirming the strengths, weakness and other peculiarities of a horoscope.
Quickly Determine Each Ascendant
|Ascendant / Lagna||Benefics||Best Benefic||Malefics / Evil||Greatest Malefic||Neutral|
|Aries (Mesha)||Jupiter, Sun, Mars||1st Best Jupiter, |
2nd Best Mars
|Saturn, Mercury, Venus||Mercury (Lord of the 3rd & 6th house)|
|Taurus (Vrishabha)||Mercury, Mars, Sun||Saturn (Lord of the 9th & 10th house)||Jupiter, Venus, Moon||Venus (May work as neutral being the Ascendant lord)|
|Gemini (Mithuna)||Venus||Jupiter, Sun||Mars (Lord of the 6th & 11th house)||Moon, Mercury|
|Cancer (Karka / Kataka)||Jupiter, Mars||Mars (Lord of 5th & 10th)||Venus, Mercury||Saturn, Moon, Sun|
|Leo (Simha)||Mars, Sun||Mars||Mercury, Venus||Jupiter, Moon, Saturn|
|Virgo (Kanya)||Venus||Moon, Mars, Jupiter||Saturn, Sun, Mercury|
|Libra (Tula)||Saturn, Mercury, Venus||Saturn||Sun, Jupiter, Moon||Mars (Feeble benefic)|
|Scorpio (Vrischika)||Jupiter, Sun||Moon||Mercury, Venus||Mars, Saturn|
|Sagittarius (Dhanu)||Mars, Sun||Venus, Saturn, Mercury||Jupiter, Moon|
|Capricorn (Makara)||Mercury, Saturn||Venus||Mars, Jupiter, Moon||Mars||Sun (Although the 8th house lord)|
|Aquarius (Kumbha)||Sun, Mars||Venus||Jupiter, Moon||Mercury|
|Pisces (Meena)||Moon, Mars||Saturn, Sun, Venus, Mercury||Jupiter|